Walt Disney World Problems and unusual Situations – Car trouble, Medical matters
ATTRACTIONS CLOSED FOR REPAIRS
FIND OUT IN ADVANCE WHAT RIDES AND ATTRACTIONS could also be closed all through your discuss with.
SECURITY PATROLS WILL HELP when you lock the keys to your parked automobile or to find the battery useless. For extra critical issues, the closest restore facility is the AAA Automotive Care Middle close to the Magic Kingdom car parking zone ( 407-824-0976).
The closest off-World restore middle is Maingate Citgo (US 192 west of Interstate four; 407-396-2721). Disney safety assist you to to find it. Farther away however extremely really helpful by way of certainly one of our Orlando-space researchers is Riker’s Car & Tire (5700 Relevant Florida Parkway, close to SeaWorld; 407-238-9800; rikersauto.com). Says our supply, “They do nice work and are the one automotive location that has by no means tried to get more cash out of me as a result of I’m a girl and I do know nothing about automobiles.”
THERE ARE THREE Hess gasoline stations on Disney property. One station is adjoining to the AAA Automobile Care Middle on the exit highway from the Transportation and Ticket Heart (Magic Kingdom) parking zone. It’s additionally handy to the Colours of Inexperienced, Grand Floridian, and Polynesian inns. Most centrally situated is the station on the nook of Buena Vista Force and Epcot Motels Boulevard, close to the BoardWalk Resort. A 3rd station, additionally on Buena Vista Power, is throughout from the previous Pleasure Island web site in Downtown Disney.
LOST AND FOUND
IF YOU LOSE (OR FIND) SOMETHING within the Magic Kingdom, go to Metropolis Corridor. At Epcot, Misplaced and Discovered is within the Entrance Plaza. At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, it’s at Hollywood Boulevard Visitor Members of the family, and at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, it’s at Visitor Members of the family on the primary entrance. For those who uncover your loss after you’ve left the park(s), name 407-824-4245 (for all parks). See for the quantity(s) to name for those who’re on the park(s) and uncover your loss.
It’s atypical for readers to ship us tips on Misplaced and Discovered, however a mother from Indianapolis despatched two!
Cling on to your issues on Area Mountain! My daughter misplaced her bag going over the primary flip, and on an eighty-minute-wait-time day they needed to shut the journey right down to retrieve the bag! In the event you lose one thing on a experience and it has remedy in it, Disney solid individuals will shut down a experience for forty five seconds to check out and retrieve it. If they may be able to’t in finding it or it didn’t include meds, it’s important to come again to Misplaced and Discovered for it on the finish of the day.
Additionally, don’t overlook to put in writing down the serial numbers in your Park Hopper passes. With the serial quantity, a solid member can search for when it used to be ultimate used, providing you with an concept of the place it was once misplaced.
Misplaced Disney Inn Room-Key Playing cards
This isn’t a massive deal until you’re out of doors the door to your room preventing an coming near near case of Montezuma’s revenge (or “Goofy bowels,” because it’s identified within the Kingdom). Reproduction keys may also be made at Visitor Members of the family at any of the theme parks or hotel lodges. In case your room card is about up to make use of as a cost card, you wish to handle the issue directly.
A Grand Haven, Michigan, dad shares his expertise:
After we misplaced our “keys to the World,” I believed we had been completed for. We walked into Visitor Members of the family (we have been in Magic Kingdom on the time), and inside 10 minutes we had our previous room keys deactivated and new ones in our arms.
HEADACHE RELIEF Aspirin and different sundries are bought on the Emporium on Primary Side road within the Magic Kingdom (in the back of the counter; it’s a must to ask), at most retail stores in Epcot’s Future World and World Show off, and in Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
ILLNESSES REQUIRING MEDICAL ATTENTION For the areas of the theme parkFirst Support facilities.
Off-property, a Centra Care stroll-in hospital is at 12500 S. Apopka–Vineland Rd. ( 407-934-CARE). It’s open eight a.m.–nighttime weekdays and eight a.m.–eight p.m. weekends. Centra Care operates a 24-hour medical doctor-home-name provider and runs a free shuttle ( 407-938-0650).
A North Carolina household of 4 had a excellent expertise at Buena Vista Pressing Care (8216 World Middle Power, Suite D; 407-465-1110):
We began day one desiring scientific maintain our son, who has bronchial asthma and had developed croup. We discovered nice care 2 miles down FL 535 at Buena Vista Pressing Care. We waited 20 minutes, after which we had been off to the parks. Please add them to your information.
The Clinical Concierge ( 407-648-5252; themedicalconcierge.com) hasboard-licensed physicians to be had 24-7 for home calls to your resort room. They provide in-room X-rays and IV remedy provider in addition to similar-day dental and professional appointments. Additionally they employ clinical tools. Insurance coverage receipts, insurance coverage billing, and overseas-language interpretation are equipped. Stroll-inclinics are additionally to be had. That you would be able to additionally inquire about transportation preparations.
DOCS (Medical doctors on Name Carrier; 407-399-DOCS;doctorsoncallservice.com) bargains 24-hour home-name provider. All DOCSphysicians are licensed by means of the American Board of Scientific Specialties. A father of two from O’Fallon, Illinois, provides them a thumbs-up:
My spouse’s chilly developed into an ear an infection that required clinical consideration. We opened the clinical element of “The E-book,” and one in every of your beneficial suppliers, DOCS, was once ready to reply in forty minutes. The physician used to be improbable. He had medication with him and was once very skilled and pleasant. It wasn’t a good way to kick off our first night time, however the remainder of our travel was once nice.
Doctor Room Carrier ( 407-238-2000; physicianroomservice.com) gives board-licensed physician home calls to Walt Disney World–house visitor rooms for adults and youngsters.
DENTAL NEEDS Name Get together Dental Workforce ( 407-566-2222).
PRESCRIPTION MEDICINE Two neighborhood pharmacies are Walgreens Lake Buena Vista ( 407-238-0600) and Winn-Dixie Pharmacy Lake Buena Vista (407-465-8606). Turner Medicine ( 407-828-8125) prices $7.50 to ship a stuffed prescription to your resort’s entrance desk. The carrier is on hand to Disney and non-Disney resorts in Turner Medicine’ house. The cost is charged to your resort account.
SERGEANT BLISTERBLASTER’S GUIDE TO HAPPY FEET
1. ON YOUR FEET! Rise up, La-Z-Boy rider: Whilst you go to Walt Disney World, you’ll need to stroll quite a bit farther than to the fridge. Which you can log 5–12 miles a day on the parks, so now’s the time to form up them canines. Begin with brief walks across the local. Raise your distance progressively except you are able to do 6 miles with out CPR.
- A-TEN-SHUN! All through your coaching software, listen when these pups growl. They’ll provide you with numerous details about your ft and the appropriateness of your footwear. Hear up! No strolling in flip-flops, loafers, or sandals. Put on smartly-built, damaged-in operating or mountain climbing sneakers. If you are feeling a “scorching spot,” that implies a blister is growing. The most typical websites for blisters are heels, toes, and balls of the toes. In case you improve a scorching spot in the identical location each time you stroll (a clue!), duvet it prophylactically with a Johnson & Johnson blister bandage (in drugstores with out a prescription) ahead of you put out. No, Couch Bunny, I didn’t let you know to put on condoms to your ft! Prophylacticallymanner to look ahead to the issue and deal with it upfront.
three. SOCK IT UP, TRAINEE! Just right socks are as necessary as just right sneakers. Whilst you stroll, your toes sweat like a mule in a peat bathroom, and the moisture most effective will increase friction. To reduce friction, put on a pair of socks, comparable to SmartWool or CoolMax, that wick perspiration away out of your toes (SmartWool makes socks of various thicknesses). To additional fight moisture, mud your canine with some antifungal talcum powder.
four. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, JOHN WAYNE? Don’t be a hero. Care for a foot downside the minute you spot it. Elevate a small foot-emergency package to your platoon. Embrace gauze, Betadine antibiotic ointment, moleskin or Johnson & Johnson blister bandages, scissors, a stitching needle or such (to empty blisters), and suits to sterilize the needle. Further socks and talcum powder are non-compulsory.
5. BITE THE BULLET! In the event you improve a scorching spot, duvet it ASAP with a blister bandage. Reduce the fabric sufficiently big to quilt the pores and skin surrounding the spot. When you advance a blister, air out and dry your foot. Subsequent, drain the fluid, however don’t eliminate the highest pores and skin. Easy the realm with Betadine and location a Johnson & Johnson blister bandage over the blister. The bandages are available a few sizes, together with in particular formed ones for fingers and toes; they’re additionally just right for protecting sizzling spots. For those who don’t have blister bandages, don’t quilt the recent spot or blister with Band-Aids; they’ll slip and wad up.
6. TAKE CARE OF YOUR PLATOON. In case you have younger, inexperienced troops on your outfit, they won’t hold forth when a sizzling spot develops. Cease a few instances a day and test their ft. In the event you forgot your emergency package and an issue arises, name the Disney medics. They have got the entire stuff you want to preserve your command in motion.
Rain equipment is among the few bargains on the parks. It isn’t all the time displayed in retail outlets, so you must ask for it.
OK, troops, put together to maneuver out. Hit the path and transfer these toes: left, proper, left!
WEATHER BAD? Go to the parks anyway. Crowds are lighter, and most sights and ready areas are underneath duvet. Showers, particularly throughout hotter months, are quick.
Ponchos are about $7, umbrellas about $10. All ponchos bought at Disney World are made from clear plastic, so choosing out any person for your birthday celebration on a wet day will also be difficult. Walmart sells an cheaper inexperienced poncho a good way to make your loved ones emerald beacons in a plastic-coated sea of humanity.
Some strangely heavy rain precipitated (no pun supposed) dozens of reader ideas for coping with soggy days. The most effective got here from this Memphis, Tennessee, mother:
- Rain equipment will have to embrace ponchos and umbrellas. Umbrellas make the rain rather more bearable. When rain isn’t beating down to your ponchoed head, it’s more uncomplicated to disregard.
- Purchase blue ponchos at Walgreens. Lets maintain observe of every different a lot more straightforward as a result of we had blue ponchos as an alternative of clear ones.
- For those who’re the usage of a stroller, carry a plastic sheet or additional poncho to offer protection to it from rain. Ponchos will quilt the Disney single condominium strollers however no longer the double strollers. Raise a towel in a plastic bag to wipe off your stroller after experiencing an enchantment right through a rainfall.
COMPLAINING ABOUT A LEAKY FAUCET or now not having sufficient towels is beautiful easy, and also you on a regular basis will in finding Disney other people extremely responsive. On the other hand, a extra world gripe, or one past an on-website online supervisor’s skill to get to the bottom of, is prone to founder within the labyrinth of Disney forms.
One among our readers’ most excellent gripes pertains to Disney’s unresponsiveness in fielding complaints. A Windfall, Rhode Island, dad’s remarks are conventional:
It’s all heat fuzzies and large smiles except you might have an issue. Then all and sundry performs disguise-and-are trying to find. The one factor you recognize needless to say is it’s by no means the duty of the Disney individual you’re speaking to.
A Cell, Alabama, mom echoes his remark:
I made name after name, with one Disney individual passing me on to the following, except at last I ran out of steam. Principally, I needed to choose from getting my drawback addressed, which used to be just about a full-time job, or going in advance with my trip.
A Portland, Maine, reader summed it up in quintessential New England fashion:
Lodging a grievance with Disney is like shouting at a brick.
Like most corporations, Disney would slightly hear from you when the message is just right. Relating to complaints, Disney prefers to obtain them in writing, however by the point you get house and draft a letter, it’s incessantly too late to perfect the issue. And although Disney would have you ever imagine that it’s a sensitive-feely outfit, it normally isn’t an organization with a view to make issues best for you after the actual fact. You can also obtain a letter thanking you for writing and expressing feel sorry about with out acknowledging duty (as an example, “We’re sorry you felt inconvenienced”—as if the notion by some means arose out of your creativeness). It’s not going, although, that they’ll supply to do anything else remedial. That mentioned, if you wish to hotel a grievance, write to Walt Disney World Visitor Communications, P.O. Field 10040, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040. If you happen to’re in reality steamed, are attempting writing the next larger-ups:
Robert Iger, CEO
The Walt Disney Firm
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA 91521
Thomas Staggs, Chairman
Walt Disney Parks & Motels
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA 91521
Walt Disney Parks & Accommodations Operations, U.S./France
P.O. Field 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
If Disney doesn’t reply, which you could at all times go public:
Letters to the Editor
633 N. Orange Ave., MP-218
Orlando, FL 32801-1349
407-420-5000; fax 407-420-5286
For those who’re at Disney World and also you in reality want to settle a subject, preserve your lodge common supervisor’s toes to the hearth unless he hooks you up with the one who can remedy it.